I don’t regret it, not at all. I work in the film industry, my days are between 11 and 15 hours long. I don’t have time for much of anything, let alone trying to get certified to teach yoga. I spent several months researching the best online yoga teacher training. I finally settled on Yoga and Ayurveda Online school. They claim to be the original online YTT. I based my decision on price and reviews. Self-directed learning can be a real challenge for me, and for most people I think. It only took me 6 months. I managed to really hunker down during my winter hiatus from work.
There are several challenges to learning to be a yoga teacher from home, including the following:
- Limited access to hands-on training: In-person yoga teacher training programs often include hands-on practice teaching, which allows students to get immediate feedback and practice their teaching skills. It can be more challenging to receive this type of feedback and practice when learning from home.
- Lack of community: Yoga teacher training programs often foster a sense of community among students, which can be an important source of support and motivation. It can be more difficult to find this type of support when learning from home.
- Limited access to resources: In-person teacher training programs often have access to a wide range of resources, such as books, DVDs, and other materials, which can be helpful in learning to teach yoga. These resources may not be as readily available when learning from home.
- Technical difficulties: Online learning can sometimes be hampered by technical difficulties, such as slow internet connections or problems with video conferencing software. These issues can make it more challenging to learn effectively.
- Time management: It can be difficult to manage your time effectively when learning from home, as you may have other responsibilities and commitments that can distract you from your studies. It can be helpful to set a schedule and stick to it in order to stay on track.
Overall, learning to be a yoga teacher from home requires a high level of self-motivation, discipline, and organization in order to succeed. I’m pretty pleased with myself for completing the program. I don’t really feel ready to teach yet and I will probably register for a follow-up in-person training.